Need some help or instruction on how to do this skill?
Want a paper copy? Print a generated PDF for this skill.
Share MathGames with your students, and track their progress.
See how you scored compared to other students from around the world.
Learn Math Together.
Year 7 - Number and Algebra
Standard 7.OA.1.2 - Practice estimating the percents of numbers.
• Compare fractions using equivalence. Locate and represent positive and negative fractions and mixed numbers on a number line
- exploring equivalence among families of fractions by using a fraction wall or a number line (for example by using a fraction wall to show that 2/3 is the same as 4/6 and 6/9)
• Solve problems involving addition and subtraction of fractions, including those with unrelated denominators
- exploring and developing efficient strategies to solve additive problems involving fractions (for example by using fraction walls or rectangular arrays with dimensions equal to the denominators)
• Multiply and divide fractions and decimals using efficient written strategies and digital technologies
- investigating multiplication of fractions and decimals, using strategies including patterning and multiplication as repeated addition, with both concrete materials and digital technologies, and identifying the processes for division as the inverse of multiplication
• Express one quantity as a fraction of another, with and without the use of digital technologies
- using authentic examples for the quantities to be expressed and understanding the reasons for the calculations
• Round decimals to a specified number of decimal places
- using rounding to estimate the results of calculations with whole numbers and decimals, and understanding the conventions for rounding
• Connect fractions, decimals and percentages and carry out simple conversions
- justifying choices of written, mental or calculator strategies for solving specific problems including those involving large numbers
- understanding that quantities can be represented by different number types and calculated using various operations, and that choices need to be made about each
- calculating the percentage of the total local municipal area set aside for parkland, manufacturing, retail and residential dwellings to compare land use
• Find percentages of quantities and express one quantity as a percentage of another, with and without digital technologies.
- using authentic problems to express quantities as percentages of other amounts
• Recognise and solve problems involving simple ratios
- understanding that rate and ratio problems can be solved using fractions or percentages and choosing the most efficient form to solve a particular problem
If you notice any problems, please let us know.